This week has been my first official week as a resident of Missouri. I can hardly say I am surprised at the things that have happened thus far.
As I said in a previous post that my ministry is speaking Truth and beginning relationships with people in order to show the love of God by being an example, I just so happen to style hair and make people feel beautiful in the process. In the 7 months I have been a hairstylist I have had the privilege of meeting the most amazing and diverse group of people. From the people I have had the opportunity to work with and the people I have had the opportunity to work for I can honestly say it is an honor to be in the exact will and purpose that God has for my life.
The breakdown...
I have been on the hunt for a salon to work at since we decided to move here. The salon I was really looking forward to is a corporate salon and from what I've heard is fairly hard to get hired if you don't have much experience. I just so happened to walk in and talk to a lady while we were here looking at houses about the job. She gave me the number of the manager who contacted me within 15 minutes. I spent 5 weeks talking to a woman who had never met me or seen any of my work only to be hired on Wednesday at my interview. In fact, the General manager had already been told that I would be hired and I feel as though they have been looking forward to hiring me since the beginning. My first day at work and my first haircut the lady sitting in my chair asked if I went to church. I said yes. She proceeded to tell me she had recently been baptized and had started serving in her church here in columbia. She invited me to her church and also told me some good radio stations I should listen to. I knew that I was meant to meet her and then I had this overwhelming peace. I knew I was in the right place at the right time.
The right place...
Today we visited the first church on our list of churches to attend. Ironically the pastor spoke from Acts about the new church in its infancy and how passionate the disciples were back then. Even more ironic the book I'm reading "Sun Stand Still" by Steven Furtick and the devotional I am doing from my YouVersion app are both mentioning the same book. As I listened to the pastor and thought of the other lessons I had previously read this week I came to what I call an " ah-ha" moment. Think back to the book of Acts. The disciples repeatedly spoke of Jesus' second coming. They set themselves headlong into the midst of all the most controversial places to speak the gospel, they had a passion, intensity, and urgency that most people only wish to have these days. They spent three years with Jesus as his best friend, like family. And when he promised to come back they believed him, like family, which gave them the drive they had. I spent four years in a church that truly showed me who Jesus is, these people were influential in my growth as an heiress in Christ. Now that I am on my own, as God has lead us to be, I have that same intensity, that same urgency. I know he is coming back, I know what he has done for me and it is my responsibility to say something...
Somehow I know with a certainty I have never had that we will grow and thrive here like we have never done before because I am seeking Christ like never before. The passion and urgency I have has a unique peace and calm behind it. I know that I don't have all the answers but I know that I shouldn't have all the answers. So stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment