Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The family that works together, plays together...

As quoted by my mother, "Okay guys remember, The family that works together, plays together."

This is just one family motto I heard growing up in a household of four crazy and ornery children. My mom was a single mom for a good deal of my life, she was passionate about instilling in her children independence and self sufficiency. We learned to rely on each other and work hard so we could play hard. Hence the family motto. I can still remember living in our ranch house in Texas and as the hustle and bustle of getting up and ready for school lead to us running out the door where my grandpa was waiting to drive us to school my mother would yell from the kitchen I love you and "Make good decisions!". Believe me when I tell you that it really and truly takes a village to raise kids. Between my mothers wisdom and love and my grandparents love and compassion, the four of us have had the opportunity to have almost everyone of our family speak into our lives at some point. I am the person I am today because God put me in the family I was meant to learn from. My grandfathers and dad have showed me the meaning of hard work and endless amounts of faith, my grandmothers have taught me the meaning of loving unconditionally and standing your ground as a woman of faith. My mother has shown me true wisdom and the integrity and character a woman of God should posses. I say that to say, all of that...hard work, has lead to this... time to play.

I am married and living in another state away from my family, my support system. My conditioning from my family, church family, and friends has given Ryan and I the opportunity to actually enjoy this season of our life and not stress out about it. we are working with great organizations and companies in our careers and school and can sit back and actually smile and relish in the newness of this place. Every day here reminds me of a saying or an inside joke or a life lesson I have had in my past and I am truly grateful for those moments. The past two weeks Ryan has started his classes and Marching band camp gave us a run for our money, I am starting another guard position in Jefferson City and we are pretty swamped, lets just say we are a family that is definitely working together. I am loving every minute of it. 

Take stock of the hard work stuff. Remind yourself of what you've been taught by your peers and let yourself learn from them, because the pay off is that you will get to play and be joyous!

Remember, "Make good decisions!" you will be rewarded.

Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment